Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Where are your housing complexes located?
We have two locations:
Evellien – 223 Lawrence Street (1 block from the university)
(11) 4 Bedroom Townhouses
Provence – 807 East Haggard Avenue (4 blocks from the center of the university)
(9) 4 Bedroom Townhouses
(12) 4 Bedroom Apartments
How is EVELLIEN pronounced?
- Evellien is pronounced EE - vel - LEE - in.
How is PROVENCE pronounced?
- Provence is pronounced PRAW – vonce.
What is the monthly rental price of an EVELLIEN TOWNHOME?
-The townhomes are each four bedroom with 3 and a half baths. In 2011 the rent is $485.00 per bedroom per month. Each bedroom will be occupied by one person (only).
What is covered in the EVELLIEN TOWNHOUSE base rent?
What is the monthly rental price of a PROVENCE TOWNHOME?
-The townhomes are each four bedroom with 3 and a half baths. In 2011 the rent is $470.00 per bedroom per month. Each bedroom will be occupied by one person (only).
What is covered in the PROVENCE TOWNHOUSE base rent?
What is the monthly rental price of a PROVENCE APARTMENT?
-The apartments are each four bedroom with 2 baths. In 2011 the rent is $515.00 per bedroom per month. Each bedroom will be occupied by one person (only).
What is covered in the PROVENCE APARTMENT base rent?
Is an application necessary?
- Yes, and you will find an on-line application as part of this web-site. Each applicant who wishes to be a tenant will submit an application. Therefore each townhome or apartment will require four separate approved applications which will then lead to 4 separate leases.
How can I obtain an application?
Attn: Evellien Landlord or Provence Landlord
P.O. Box 943
Elon, NC 27244-0943
Is parental co-signing necessary?
-Parental co-signing will be necessary where an applicant cannot demonstrate a secure payment method through a confirmed employment status or cannot demonstrate the availability of funds.
Are pets allowed in the TOWNHOUSES or APARTMENTS?
-No, the only exception is a one gallon fish bowl.
Can there be more than 4 people living in 1 TOWNHOUSE or APARTMENT?
- No. This is set by local government ordinances and our lease. Violators of this requirement will have their lease immediately terminated.
What is the lease start date?
- June 1st of each year.
What is the lease duration?
- One year lease, June 1st to May 21st (of the following year).
Do I need renters insurance?
- Yes, renter’s insurance is required with a liability rider.
What expenses am I responsible for (besides rent) in the APARTMENTS?
What expenses am I responsible for (besides rent) in the TOWNHOUSES?
Does Elon University bus transportation service the complexes?
- Yes - the Elon University Shuttle has stops in each complex.
Do the complexes have an internet wireless "hot spot"?
- Each Provence unit is wireless. All bedrooms are wired with Category 5 Cable. Internet services are provided as part of your rent.
How is a semester abroad handled?
- The Tenant will ultimately be responsible for their lease during the entire lease period. Bedrooms can be sublet during the semester abroad. The sublet must be pre-approved by Evellien LLC with the subletee going through a complete application process.
Do I need to find my own 3 roommates?
- We recommend that you do, but on request we will also provide a short list of "roommates seeking roommates".
Is there an application fee?
- Yes, there is a $45.00 application fee to be submitted by check with your completed and signed application.
Do I need to be 21 to fill out an application?
Is parking available?
How are complexes constructed?
- They have been designed by MacRae-Joyce Associates (Greensboro) and were built to AIA standards and meet all code and zone requirements. The units are brick exterior with 1 hour firewalls between adjacent units.
Are any deposits required?
- Deposits are required in the amount of 1 and ½ months rent. This is due at the time of signing your 1 year lease agreement. Your lease is not accepted until this deposit is submitted, along with any upfront payments.
Is there a security system?
- There will be traditional locks and deadbolts on each entrance door. Individual Bedrooms will also be keyed for locks. Outside security lighting has been designed, installed and maintained by Duke Power.
Will you accept direct deposit?
- No. The service charges for direct deposit make it unacceptable to us.
How are EVELLIEN TOWNHOMES heated/cooled?
- New (state of the art) central air conditioning systems with natural gas heat. There are 2 heating/air conditioning zones, one upstairs and one downstairs.
How are PROVENCE TOWNHOMES and APARTMENTS heated/cooled?
- New (state of the art) central air conditioning systems with heat pumps. There are 2 heating/air conditioning zones, one upstairs and one downstairs (for the townhouses).
Are there outdoor security lights?
- Yes, outdoor security lighting was designed, installed and is maintained by Duke Power.
Can I sublet?
- Yes, and the sublettee must go through the application process and must be approved by Evellien LLC.
Is there a microwave?
Is there a dishwasher?
Is there a refrigerator?
- Yes, this is provided
Are there washer and dryers?
Are shower curtains required?
- Shower curtains will be provided where needed. However, we have found most people have switched to their own decor style. Most bathrooms have showers with built in doors so curtains are not required in most units.B>
Call us with any other questions , 336 266-6666